The core values of the Port state that the Port:
- Will serve as a conduit for public/private investment and ideas to improve the economic stability of the region.
- Will be an example of strong leadership for our communities.
- Will build and promote partnerships for the economic benefit of our communities.
- Capital projects that provide civic and social infrastructure and economic growth.
- Support community events/programs that promote tourism, provide community identity and quality of life.
- Programs for youth that focus on creating skills associated with business, marketing and entrepreneurship.
- K-12 Educational programs that focus on preparing quality employees for the regional workforce, with a focus on technical, vocational, engineering, business, science and math.
Please submit a description of your project, cost estimate, other approved funding sources, timeline and contact information to:
David Doeringsfeld, Manager
Port of Lewiston
1626 6th Avenue N
Lewiston, ID 83501
We will contact you with any questions and to let you know when the project will be on the Commissioner’s agenda for consideration.
- Funds are limited to a maximum amount of $1,500 per year.
- Applicants may only apply one time per year and only one time per project.
- Applications can be made throughout the year. Applicable projects will be funded on a first come basis.
- The Port will not be the largest single investor in a community project, but will match another investor up to a maximum of $1,500.
- Applicants must be an approved 501(c)3 organization, educational institution, city government or civic organization.
- Must have a positive impact on a focus area.
- Funds will not be released until all funding can be identified to assure project completion.
- It is the Port’s intent that funding be used in a timely manner for completion of a project.