This is a grant program available to communities throughout Nez Perce County. Additional information about the aim of the program and eligibility can be found below. Click on the button to learn about past grant recipients.
- Funds are limited to a maximum amount of $1,500 per year.
- Applicants may only apply one time per year and only one time per project.
- Applications can be made throughout the year. Applicable projects will be funded on a first come basis.
- The Port will not be the largest single investor in a community project, but will match another investor up to a maximum of $1,500.
- Applicants must be an approved 501(c)3 organization, educational institution, city government or civic organization.
- Must have a positive impact on a focus area.
- Funds will not be released until all funding can be identified to assure project completion.
- It is the Port’s intent that funding be used in a timely manner for completion of a project.
The core values of the Port of Lewiston state that the Port:
- Will serve as a conduit for public/private investment and ideas to improve the economic stability of the region.
- Will be an example of strong leadership for our communities.
- Will build and promote partnerships for the economic benefit of our communities.
- Capital projects that provide civic and social infrastructure and economic growth.
- Support community events/programs that promote tourism, provide community identity and quality of life.
- Programs for youth that focus on creating skills associated with business, marketing and entrepreneurship.
- K-12 Educational programs that focus on preparing quality employees for the regional workforce, with a focus on technical, vocational, engineering, business, science and math.
- Applicants must live within Nez Perce County.
- Funds must be used within Nez Perce County.
- National fundraising campaigns do not qualify.
- Funding for sporting events does not qualify.
- Funding for parades does not qualify.
- Funding for extracurricular school activities does not qualify, unless for those listed as a focus area.
- Funding is intended to support groups and not individuals.
- Funding will not be utilized to pay for salaries or employee benefits.
Please submit a description of your project, cost estimate, other approved funding sources, timeline and contact information to:
Port of Lewiston Manager
1626 6th Avenue N
Lewiston, ID 83501
We will contact you with any questions and to let you know when the project will be on the Commissioner’s agenda for consideration.